Pulse Nutrition, ran by Dietician Lorraine McLelland, specialises in providing evidence-based advice on nutrition and gut health. Lorraine needed a brand identity that represented her values of community and empathy, as well as the holistic nature of her work. The resulting brand I created is warm and inviting, whilst staying professional and clean.
Warm & Inviting, Holistic, Professional
The Pulse Nutrition logo suite needed to represent Lorraine's values of community and empathy, as well as the holistic nature of her work. We wanted to align her visual identity with the name of her brand, which centred around pulses. We also need to create a version of the logo for her online resource platform 'Pulse Nutrition Hub'.
• The wordmark emphasises the ‘pulse’ part of the name, a key aspect of the brand, which is warm and inviting, whilst staying professional and clean.
• The thinner ‘nutrition’ and 'nutrition hub' adds balance to the logo, and explains the nature of the business without overpowering the design.
• The submark part of the logo is made from portions of overlapping circles as shown below. The circles act to represent community and empathy, as well as the holistic nature of her work.
• The submark's lines are all connected, again showing the connected nature of gut health to other areas of health, and the holistic nature of the services she provides.
• The colour palette is composed of warm and inviting colours.
• It is inspired by the colours of different pulses and therefore ties the visual identity and name together.
• The high contrast colours pair nicely with the low contrast colours to create a palette that is versatile and works well together.